The basics of my setup (1) - Everyday carry

A few throat-clearing posts to being with. 

I try to limit myself to inking up only half-a-dozen or so pens at a time. Four of them reside in my olive green pen case from Van der Spek



Van der Spek don't seem to have a huge following in the pen community - I only stumbled across them in an ancient SBRE Brown video (not this one, but an older one I can't fine now) - but mine fulfills a particular need that I haven't been able to satisfy with any other case. Specifically, it holds four pens in a case narrow enough to fit in an inside jacket pocket (for those times in another lifetime when I wore a suit every day). You're not going to fit any Namiki Emperors in pen slots this size, but I don't gravitate towards particularly big pens anyway, so it works for me. Plus I much prefer a leather case with an easy-open flap than anything nylon and zippered.

Another pen is in this Harris tweed two-pen case from Life Covers. Again, I haven't seen lots of coverage of Life Covers online (only this shout-out from Anthony over at UK Fountain Pens), but this keeps a medium-sized pen - currently a Parker 75 - nice and snug next to a Lamy Logo multi-pen. The case stays beside my bed for any late-night annotating of whatever I'm reading, or a little light note-taking.



I do (or did) take my pens out and about - particularly to the office - but I also keep a couple of these  brass pocket pens (knock-offs of the Delike pocket pens which themselves knock-off the Kaweco Sport) inked up as knockabouts to go in a coat pocket or rucksack, often clipped to a Traveller's notebook.



And that's it. Any more pens inked up and I get antsy...

Comments

Popular Posts